Financial Analyst Talonvest Capital, Inc. Irvine, CA
This entry-level position is focused on the financing (debt and equity) of self storage, office, industrial, multi-family, and retail properties throughout the United States. Successful financial analysts are well organized, demonstrate timely follow-through, have superior listening/interaction skills, and utilize effective relationship building skills. These competencies will be necessary since the analyst will be primarily involved in the underwriting/analyzing of historic operating statements, cash flow projections, competitive set analysis, market research, writing financing packages, marketing to capital providers, and negotiation of term sheets. In addition, the Analyst will be cross trained in supporting the capital provider’s underwriting, approval, and closing process. Analysts at Talonvest participate on client conference calls and meetings as well as attend industry events. Assignments will range across the entire capital stack from construction loans, bridge financings, and permanent loans to mezzanine debt and joint venture equity investments. The Analyst will work directly with multiple senior real estate professionals in a team-focused, high energy, collaborative environment.
- Initial underwriting / financial modeling of self storage and commercial real estate transactions.
- Conduct market research, including analyzing trends and interfacing with appraisers for market knowledge.
- Analyze comparable properties to properly underwrite financing transactions.
- Survey capital providers to determine the most advantageous firms to compete for the business.
- Write Financing Request Packages including the executive summaries, transaction SWOT analysis, financial analysis, and property-market-sponsor details.
- Marketing of financing package to capital providers, engage in follow up, and manage requests for information.
- Participate in loan price, structure, and term negotiations.
- Maintain frequent communication with the Talonvest team, clients, and the capital providers.
- Develop and expand relationships with capital providers.
- Research and report on lenders and equity providers to maintain and further the firm’s knowledge of current marketplace activities and trends.
- Participate in client strategy discussions, both internal and external.
- Participate in weekly office meetings by actively discussing capital market updates and trends, status of transactions in process, new client opportunities, etc.
- Active involvement in industry trade organizations (e.g. NAIOP Young Professionals Group, ULI Young Leaders, etc.) to build peer business relationships through meetings, events, and other networking/educational opportunities.
- Coordinate and assist in the management of the selected capital provider’s due diligence, approval, and closing processes as needed.
Qualifications, Skills, & Knowledge:
- Self-motivated, driven, team-oriented individual who works effectively in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to work under the pressure of multiple deadlines and manage time effectively.
- Professional demeanor and optimistic attitude.
- Open, honest and direct communicator.
- Analytical, research, and problem-solving skills with a desire to proactively take ownership of opportunities.
- Financial modeling skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft applications (Argus knowledge is a plus).
- Effective writer with ability to communicate analytical information persuasively.
- Strong desire for continued learning and development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance or another business-related discipline.
- Real estate license will be required within six months of employment.
Talonvest Capital, Inc. is a boutique real estate firm providing mortgage brokerage services to self storage and commercial real estate investors, owners, and developers throughout the United States. The firm utilizes a unique collaborative team approach and four decades of institutional knowledge and expertise from the team members to deliver better capital solutions for its clients. Assignments include senior debt, mezzanine loans, preferred equity, and joint venture equity to capitalize ground up construction, value-add acquisitions, and stabilized commercial real estate across all major asset types. Visit our website to learn more https://talonvest.com.
Talonvest Capital, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, creed, origin, marital status, sexual orientation, age, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.