This position is focused on the placement of debt and/or equity for self storage, multi-family, industrial, office, retail, hotel, and MHP properties throughout the United States. Associates are actively involved in every stage of a transaction, including underwriting, cash flow projections, market analysis, competitive set research, writing financing packages, marketing to capital providers, negotiating term sheets, due diligence, and closing. Additional opportunities include client meetings, industry events, as well as training/coaching/mentoring of analysts. Will work directly with senior real estate professionals in a collaborative, high-energy, team-oriented environment.
Successful associates are well organized, demonstrate timely follow-through, have superior listening/interactionskills, and utilize effective relationship building skills with both clients and capital providers. Talonvest assignmentsrange across the entire capital stack from construction loans, bridge financings, and permanent loans to mezzaninedebt and joint venture equity investments.
Qualifications, Skills, & Knowledge:
- 4+ years of underwriting experience in the commercial real estate finance industry.
- Excellent financial modeling skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel (Argus experience is a plus).
- Strong writing skills with ability to communicate analytical information persuasively.
- Loan document and due diligence knowledge with the ability to anticipate potential issues and proactively mitigate.
- Self-motivated, driven, team-oriented individu
- Ability to work under the pressure of multiple deadlines and manage time effectively.
- Open, honest, and direct communicator.
- Professional demeanor and optimistic attitud
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education/exp
- Real estate license will be required within six months of employment
Talonvest Capital, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment will bediscriminated against because of race, creed, origin, marital status, sexual orientation, age, otherwise qualified disabled or veteranstatus or any other characteristic protected by law.